Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Show All Answers
* Not Guilty:means that you deny guilt and requires the State to prove the charge. A plea of not guilty does not waive any of your rights. A plea of not guilty does not prevent a plea of guilty or no contest at a later date.
* Guilty:means you admit that you committed the criminal offense charged.
* Nolo Contendere (No Contest):means that you do not contest the State's charge against you. The difference between a plea of guilty and no contest is that a nolo contendere plea may not be later used against you in a civil suite for damages.
* Expired Driver's License:May be dismissed upon payment of a $20.00 dismissal fee with proof that you renewed by the court date on the citation.
* Deferred Disposition:This is available to dismiss offenses. You must pay the equivalent of the window fine and costs in addition to a special expense fee, and you cannot receive any citations/convictions in the State during your deferral period. You must request this option by the appearance date on your citation. This option cannot be chosen if you had a commercial driver's license at the time of offense or were speeding 25 mph over the limit. **Note: Some offenses may have additional requirements.**
* Driver's Safety Course:May be used to dismiss one moving traffic violation. You must provide written request to the Court by your appearance date. You will be required to pay an administration fee and court costs. This option is unavailable to you if you do not hold a valid TX DL (military exempt). Do not have proof of insurance, a CDL holder, were speeding 25 mph over the limit, passing a school bus, leaving the scene, or cited in a work zone while workers present.